Our goal is to provide a service that allows you to share your last wishes with others. We respect the ownership of the content that users share and each user is responsible for the content he or she provides. Because of these principles, we do not actively monitor user content, except in limited circumstances described below.
Content Boundaries and Use of Afterlife Alerts
In order to provide the Afterlife Alerts service and the ability to communicate and stay connected with others, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with Afterlife Alerts. These limitations comply with legal requirements and make Afterlife Alerts a better experience for all. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. Please check back here to see the latest.
Abuse and Spam
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate others through the Afterlife Alerts service in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- Trademark: We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames. Accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others may be permanently suspended.
- Private information: You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.
- Violence and Threats: You may not publish or post direct, specific threats of violence against others.
- Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the Terms of Service.
- Unlawful Use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
Afterlife Alerts strives to protect its users from abuse and spam. User abuse and technical abuse are not tolerated on AfterlifeAlerts.com, and may result in permanent suspension. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be subject to permanent suspension.
- Serial Accounts: You may not create multiple accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes, or with overlapping use cases. Mass account creation may result in suspension of all related accounts. Please note that any violation of the Afterlife Alerts Rules is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
- Targeted Abuse: You may not engage in targeted abuse or harassment. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be targeted abuse or harassment are:
- if you are sending messages to a user from multiple accounts;
- if the sole purpose of your account is to send abusive messages to others;
- if the reported behavior is one-sided or includes threats
- Invitation spam: You may not use AfterlifeAlerts.com's address book contact import to send repeat, mass invitations.
- Selling usernames: You may not buy or sell Afterlife Alerts usernames.
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user's browser or computer or to compromise a user's privacy.
- Spam: You may not use the Afterlife Alerts service for the purpose of spamming anyone. What constitutes "spamming" will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming are:
- If you have followed and/or unfollowed large amounts of users in a short time period, particularly by automated means (aggressive following or follower churn);
- If a large number of people are blocking you;
- If a large number of spam complaints have been filed against you;
- If you post duplicate content over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account;
- If you repeatedly post other users' account information as your own (bio, Tweets, url, etc.);
- Pornography: You may not use obscene or pornographic images in either your profile photo, header photo, or user background.
- Obscenity\Profanity: Due to the nature of the Afterlife Alerts service, obscenities and profanities may be filtered at our sole discretion.
Your account may be suspended for Terms of Service violations if any of the above is true. Accounts created to replace suspended accounts will be permanently suspended.
Accounts engaging in any of these behaviors may be investigated for abuse. Afterlife Alerts reserves the right to immediately terminate your account without further notice in the event that, in its judgment, you violate these Rules or the Terms of Service.
We may revise these Rules from time to time; the most current version will always be at AfterlifeAlerts.com/aup.asp.
To report an account for violation of the Afterlife Alerts Rules, please email email@example.com
Effective: January 1, 2014